I am going to stop
- constantly questioning whether or not I made the right choice by coming here. First of all, I'm 83% sure that the answer to that question is "yes," and secondly, even if I didn't make the right choice, I came out here and there's nothing I can do about it.
- living in the past and wondering what I could have done differently or better.
- reminiscing and replaying little moments of varying significance for the purpose of hiding and seeking solace in past memories/emotions. This is a big thing that needs to change: what has to be so wrong with me that I will think, hey, let me remember this really sad event so that I may make myself very depressed? Must nip that one in the bud.
- worrying about things that are no longer in my control and people of whom I am not the boss.
- hiding out in church from people I'm afraid to be friends with because I'm afraid that saying goodbye is going to suck as much as it did when I said goodbye to people in Boston.
If I find myself doing any of these things, I am going to force myself out of it, possibly with a by-myself dance party.
This said, I reserve the right to
- be sad sometimes and cry when nobody is watching.
- curse Hawaii, especially when people on the bus are stupid.
- get jealous when my old friends start hanging out with people who are cooler than me.
- miss people. Specific ones, not just people in general.
- decide that this thought/epiphany/emotional breakthrough was just a phase or a product of undigested celery or something and take it all back.