- I had another PhD interview this past Monday for the BU Division of Graduate Medical Sciences' Anatomy Department. It was a day-long event with lots of interviewing with lots of different people (and lots of food, if nothing else). I think it went pretty well, but I probably won't hear back for a couple weeks.
- I have not yet heard about any other PhD programs yet. If I recall correctly, by this time last year, I had already been rejected by the University of Tennessee, so the fact that I haven't heard things might not be a bad thing (although I'm constantly checking my email and mailbox to see if anything grad-school related is in there).
- My computer is dead. Sort of. Last weekend I found that the screen was dead, so I took it to the IT place and learned that replacing the screen would be so expensive that I would just be better off getting a new laptop. I was planning on doing this anyway, but I was hoping to do it in the fall before starting school again. However, when I got it back, I found that the screen still lights up...as long as I don't turn it off or put it to sleep. So we're hanging on as long as we possibly can (it even did a post-update restart last night and is still working!).
- Here's a non-boring update for you: I'm dating someone! (We sat together in church* last week, so I'm thinking it's okay to blog about it.) It's quite new, but it's going quite well. Positive feelings all around.**
- As part of a Valentine's-Day-Adjacent evening, we saw "The Addams Family" musical in the Boston Theatre District this past weekend. This was my first professional theatre in Boston--so good! Some of the best ghostly choreography I've ever seen.
- Probably the most exciting update I've got is that I'm going through the Temple for the first time this weekend. For my non-LDS readers (do I have any of those?), going through the Temple is kind of a big step in our progression as members of the Church. We go to learn important principles about the Gospel and to make promises to Heavenly Father. There are a lot of sacred things involved that I will not be writing about, but I will say that I'm very excited (and also a little bit nervous) to take this step.
- I'm going to Atlanta next week! I mentioned that my thesis (the good part, at least) was accepted to be presented over the podium at the American Academy of Forensic Sciences meeting. I'm nervous about the talking part, but I'm very enthusiastic about the fact that it's going to be warm (like in the 60's, warm!) in Atlanta. Boston is cold, y'all.
Anyway, I think that's all I have in terms of updates for now. Until my next non-boring blog post!
*For those unfamiliar with the whole Latter-Day-Saint Singles' Ward thing, this is a big deal. Like, people see you sitting together in church and they say to their friends, "oh my gosh, So-and-so and Whatsername were sitting together in church!"
**This update was strictly for the benefit of the ladies in the home ward Relief Society so that they can all call my mother and ask what the deal is.