Friday, August 10, 2012

Growing Up, Growing Old, and "Other"

Signs that I'm a grownup:
  • I totally rock at walking in high heels and getting in and out of cars in pencil skirts.
  • I have a job in my field that pays me lots of dollars and requires me to figure out how to pay my own taxes.
  • I know how to cook for myself.
  • I've nearly mastered the art of knowing when to share my feelings and when to just keep stuff to myself.
Signs that I'm growing old:
  • I keep finding grey hairs on my head.  
  • Lumbar support has suddenly become a thing that's important to me.*
  • I care about fiber content more than I care about calorie content.
  • I can't ogle the beefy military guys at the gym without thinking that they're all probably too young for me.
Signs that I still have some more growing to do:
  • I can't drive a car.
  • I still sleep in a twin bed.
  • Even though I know how to cook for myself, my dinnertime activities usually just consist of shoving Macaroni and Cheese into my mouth while sitting on my twin bed and watching "Smallville" reruns.

*On that note, there's a lot of office-switching going on at work right now, so yesterday I was able to get a new chair and it's seriously the best thing that's ever happened to me.  My quadratus lumborum is so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment